Thursday, September 26, 2024

DHL Driver Picked Me Up

On February 7 I got up at 7 and took BART to Oakland and rode bike share to Emeryville Amtrak Station where I had a cup of coffee before boarding a Zephyr train for a trip to Truckee to meet my kids and go skiing. On the ride to Sacramento, I set up my computer in the cafe car to listen to a work meeting. After Sacramento, I did a couple more work tasks and then settled in for the mountain crossing starting in Colfax. Near Donner Pass, I put warm clothes on.

I went to get pizza in Truckee when I got off the train just before TART Connect arrived at the station to pick me up. It was a good thing that I had finished my pizza because I probably would’ve missed the ride.

While my TART reservation was only to Donner Lake Pub, during the ride the driver offered to drive me to my lodge near the pass. Unfortunately, the van’s all wheel drive wasn’t working well in the newly fallen snow so when we got to chain control they had to let me off – just a few miles from my lodge!

Fortunately, a DHL driver picked me up there and took me to Donner Ski Ranch, which was exciting. There I had a beer and talked on and on about my trip. After that I found another ride to my lodge.

When I got to Clair Tappaan I checked in and had dinner with the other guests. I took a nap, and then was alone for the rest of the evening. I was drinking tea and hot cocoa at the end of the day.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment