Friday, April 22, 2022

The Concrete Slides

On May 1, 2021 I wrote that I quit writing on Thursday the 29th. I wrote and was up for a few more hours really.

On the day before the day that I wrote this I woke up with enough time to make Geobreakfast. A few people I knew pretty well were there and we ended a little early.

I had work before doing the laundry and grocery store circuit. Back home I started cleaning up and the boys showed up so I had to give up with work except for a lone call. That was around when I told the boys to get ready to go.

I had trouble getting out of the door because my bags were too cumbersome. We caught a bus and made it to dad’s easy enough. My niece was there. I got us a pizza and a salad for myself. The boys did their TV shows and ice cream fine. My niece left with my sister and I tried watching television.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I had cereal and coffee and read the paper with dad. I made beds and tidied before making the boys a sandwich at around 1130.

We left at around 1230 right after I got finished at the supermarket. I had to hunt for a bus because the one I wanted wasn’t coming. We went to Golden Gate Park and the boys scooted to ninth where I got some coffee. By 330 the boys had used the concrete slides there and they ditched me at Alvord Lake.

We walked to Page Library where we randomly saw my old neighbors. The five of us chatted and then got some drinks at Page Bar. After that we walked and biked and scooted to Koshland Park.

We had about an hour of fun at least. We said by at around 530 and I took the boys home. I was very tired but managed to make tortellini and salad. They ate enough and we were alone together.
 
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment