Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sat on a Seesaw

On 4 June and I wrote that it was Friday and I left for San Bruno BART around seven.  I was wearing my red velvet jacket and one of the guys was displeased I had stolen his thunder.

We rode up centennial way past The dog park and went over to South San Francisco Station along Colma Creek.  Then we went up to Lawndale to hillside. I passed a bunch of people on the hill and eventually made it to the front of the pack. I knew it was possible that the group would miss its time.

Two of us were caught off guard when the flag stopped and so we went back. I remember a couple of people dashing ahead then. They were going to do the turn at Market.  As we headed up to Hillside Park one of the guys told me I wasn’t allowed to wear such a loud jacket. I interacted with some of the organizers and at the top I parked and got to know people.

A lady was selling Climate Ride cookies. I secured a bike for the Beret and Baguette ride.  The owner lived in the Richmond and told me to meet him later in the week. A couple of us were enjoying the evening air when the cops drove up.

I was going to ditch at that point and was standing with a guy I didn't really one of the guys.  The cop left a bit later and we headed to San Francisco a few minutes later. The ride to Hillside was tough but after that we went through Crocker Amazon and the Excelsior lightning fast. I was ecstatic. We were on Mission all the way to Trumbull and St. Mary's playground.

SOmeone helped hold my beer while I sat on a seesaw.  We left a while later after having a blast.  From there we went Mission again and zoomed up Folsom. One of the leaders wanted to stop to pay tribute to a ghost bike but I went home to eat cheese and drink tea.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment