Thursday, August 6, 2015

Tea at Red Rock

On the twenty-ninth of July I wrote that the junior analysts left at 345.  I had tea at Red Rock and caught a CT to BART and at DC I had a call with my friend.  We talked about responsibilities but it was just to say hi.  I rode to West Portal and made a mistake at JS and 19 because of the roll out.  I had to rest there and then I went to Starbucks to check email.  I told the professor I would interact with him after my haircut.  I made jokes with the barber.

I beat him to Caliber and was ordering my burger when he came in.  I tried to make small talk and acted a bit giddy until we were finished eating and then we went to McArthy’s.  The bartender knew him and I bought him a beer.  We talked about jobs and baseball a bit more.  I tried to exhaust the small talk because I didn’t care to debate whether I had a thing.  I noted that his methods sucked.

He finally asked about stuff halfway through our beers.  He told me that retirement had complicated things and that I would have to resubmit things.

Some guy was sitting next to us and said and told us that he had gone to my high school.  He knew my brother-in-law.  An acquaintance texted me.  The bartender told us about her time at school.  We had to give up then—he wasn’t buying me a beer and wasn’t getting another.  We agreed to keep the conversation going.

I went to Walgreens after that and then stopped on Taraval to check on the clinic I had used previously.  My friend had sent a few messages to indicate that her plans had changed.  I called my buddy about Coalition politics and what I learned made me think that the membership didn’t like the choices the leadership was pushing.  I messaged my friend to check on her plans.  I found out then that she wanted to visit me.  I got posting then and was happy I had eaten because I wanted to be alone then.  When I was done I watched TV and my friend messaged to say that she was going to sleep.  I was in bed at 12.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up with enough time to catch the bus but had to chase it to Sloat anyway.  I rode to DC with no problems.  My friend messaged me at Mib and we agreed to meet at 6 at my house to go running.  She pushed me to run further.  I took the shuttle and interacted with someone.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment