Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Staffers There about Feminism

On 092914 I noted that I had I left the house in the morning on the day before and had traveled to Stern Grove to catch my breath and then to Ocean and Geneva where I messaged my friends who I knew were at Sunday Streets.  When I checked twitter around that time I was surprised to learn that two of my geodata friends wanted me to help plan a Happy Hour.  I rode to Seneca and one of my coworkers randomly contacted me.  When I found her we went looking for my other friends at the Bicycle Coalition table.  I talked to the staffers there about feminism and the Women+Bikes film thing that I had attended.  I talked to the freedom from training wheels lady and then my coworker and I went and had spƤtzle then vfive of us met up at Cumaica to discuss our lives and the days events.  When we departed I introduced one of the volunteers to them.  he was an intersection monitor.  After I while my coworker and I walked to a liquor store on Persia, got some beers and climbed to the water tower in McLaren Park.  We saw a red tailed hawk and sat and looked at the view.

We went to the lake and walked around.  We had our beers and I talked about feminism.  I pointed out that it seemed feminism is not a career path but it is part of everything.  I explained my perspective on literatures and jobs in research.  We walked to Mansell and Brazil and discussed her TA in college.  I had met her a few times—she was really awkward.  We descended to Athens and I got my bike on Persia and then we went to Mission.  I was catching my breath while she went into a bar.  We walked to Monterey and I got a message from the gilr I had met the Friday before but I  blew her off.

We went to the BART station and I dropped off the bike.  We then went to Glen Park Station and had some beers.  We discussed sexism at work.  This was when I learned that a mutual friend, who had been secretly dating her student, had had a kid.  I learned that the relationship hadn’t worked out and that they had broken up.  We walked around Diamond Street and then went to the store and got some foods.  I received a text from my old Long Beach classmate when we boarded with my bike.  I high fived her at Embarcadero and left my bike at the lockers.

I met my friend from Long Bech state and his wife at the Hyatt.  They had just watched the Giants game.  We walked to the Elephant and Castle where we talked about the old days and my job.  They said that they wanted to move to the East Bay.  We played darts and discussed school and what I wanted to do for my career and research.  I learned he was having trouble looking for a job but that she had passed the bar.  I said by to them and stopped by Peet’s to send an email about Wiki’s and geodata.  I took the L and it switched back at Sunset.  I was in bed at 1230.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment