Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Behavioral Economics to Embarcadero

On the morning of 042714 I took a half hour to prepare for my ride downtown.  I had maps and other things as I rode my Surly through the park to Mojo which didn’t open until moments after I arrived at 8.  I got word from my friend moments into my paper and coffee that he was waiting at Embarcadero Station.

I got my Specialized out of the bike station there for him and rode up Sutter to climbed Polk Street.  We endured some irate motorists on our way through Marina District.  We went to the Presidio and I took a photo of Yoda.  We rode slow and talked about girls and how cute Polk can be.  That was when we investigated the new infrastructure along Doyle drive.  I photographed the end of the path on Lincoln.  Below there I knew that there had been some paths planned but was not certain what until I saw that it was between Lincoln and Doyle and connected to Cowles.

Form there we took Storey and went under the Toll Plaza.  We looked at where the goes below the Golden Gate Bridge.  There is a little bit of work going on there.  From there we climbed up on to the bridge and halfway we passed a lot of cyclists.  On the other side we descended to Fort Baker and subsequently climbed to Alexander and East Avenue.  Then we raced to Bridgeway.

We discussed Twitter and cycling activism in Silicon Valley at Starbucks in Sausalito as well as and the mass production of automobiles and bicycles.  From there we took Bridgeway and rode to the Saratoga Mill Valley sewage plant.  At the Blithdale crossing we got split up because the light and the intersection isn’t very well organized.  Then we rode to Lomita Street.  We had been talking about television up to this point.  We climbed to Meadowsweet and I got ahead of him on the way to Corte Madera where we got on the old rail trail until Larkspur where we ate at a taqueria.

We talked about a lot of stuff, like nuclear power, utilities and mining.  We rode to the slough and came back to the Larkspur overpasses.  I took a lot of photos while he explained behavioral economics.  We had been talking about progressivism and environmentalism.

We went and got on the ferry.  The conversation wound down at this point and when arrived at the ferry building we got the bikes and got off.  I was tired as we walked to the station and dropped my bikes off.  We did a high five and boarded different trains.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment